Senior Research Scientist
MA (History, University of Pécs, 2001)
Ph.D. (History, University of Pécs, 2015; Environmental science, SZIE, 2018)
Engish, French, Latin, Russian
Climate change impact on grain yields in drought vulnerable plains of the Northern Hemisphere and a response to the challenge; Investigation for the opportunities of landscape restoration; Long term interactions between social and environmental structures
|Contact||Location: Southern Block 1.502 |
- Environmental history
- Environmental history of the Hungarian Plain
- Global food security and climate change
Prizes, Awards, Scholarships
- 2021– Member of the public body at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 2020–2021 Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Fellowship at the Aarhus University, Department of Agroecology
- 2020– Agronomy, Topic Editor
- 2020 Certificate of Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Seal of Excellence
- 2019 Certificate of Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Seal of Excellence
- 2018- Postdoctoral fellowship of the National Research, Development and Innovation Fund of Hungary at the Department of Physical Geography of Eötvös Lóránd University
- Elsevier reviewer award: Outstanding reviewer (within the top 10th percentile) of the Journal of Historical Geography
- 2013–2014. Research fellowship for doctoral candidates in the National Excellence Program co-financed by the European Social Fund and the State of Hungary (excellent qualification)
- 2012 Essay Application for the National Association of Doctoral Candidates, Hungary, 1st Prize
- 2010 ’In Half Time’ Conference of the Central European Doctoral School of Spatial, Urban, Rural and Environmental Development: 4th National Environmental Economy PhD Conference, 2nd Prize
- Master Thesis: “History of Tisza River regulation” (in Hungarian), 2nd Prize at the National Scientific Students' Associations Assembly
- 2022 Pinke, Z., Decsi, B., Jámbor, A., Kardos, Z., Kern, Z., Kozma, Z. & Ács, T, Climate change and modernization drive structural realignments in European grain production. Scientific Reports 12, 7374. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-022-10670-6
- 2021 Morisson, K. et al. (inc. Pinke Z.) Mapping past human land use using archaeological data: A new classification for global land use synthesis and data harmonization. Plos One 6, e0246662. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0246662.
- 2020 Pinke, Z., Decsi, B., Kozma, Z., Vári, Á. & Lövei, G. L. A spatially explicit analysis of wheat and maize yield sensitivity to changing groundwater levels in Hungary, 1961-2010. Sciences of Total Environment 715, 136555. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.136555
- 2019 Pinke, Z., Pow, S. & Kern, Z. Cholera outbreaks can be triggered by tropical volcanic mega-eruptions? A hypothesis. Climate Research 79, 151–162.
- 2018 Pinke, Z., Kiss, M. & Lövei, G. L. Developing an integrated land use planning system on reclaimed wetlands of the Hungarian Plain using economic valuation of ecosystem. Ecosystem Services 30B, 299–308.
- 2017 Pinke, Z., Ferenczi, L., F. Romhányi, B., Laszlovszky, J. & Pow, S. Climate of doubt: a reevaluation of Büntgen and Di Cosmo’s environmental hypothesis for the Mongol withdrawal from Hungary, 1242 CE. Scientific Reports 7, 12695. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-12128-6.
- 2017 Pinke, Z. & Lövei, G. L. Increasing temperature cuts back crop yields in Hungary over the last 90 years. Global Change Biology 23, 5426–5435.
- 2017 Pinke, Z., Ferenczi, L., F. Romhányi, B., Gyulai, F., Laszlovszky, J, Mravcsik, Z., Pósa, P. & Gábris, G. Zonal assessment of environmental driven settlement abandonment in the medieval Trans-Tisza region, Central Europe. Quaternary Science Review 157, 98–113.
- 2016 Pinke, Z., Ferenczi, L., Gábris, G. & Nagy, B. Settlement patterns as indicators of water level rising? Case study on the wetlands of the Great Hungarian Plain. Quaternary International 415,
- 2014 Pinke, Z. Modernization and decline: an eco‐historical perspective on regulation of the Tisza Valley, Hungary. Journal of Historical Geography 45, 92–105.
Independent Citations: 535
H index: 14
Cumulative Impact Factor: 99,496
SJR ranking position of the articles, Q1: 4, D1: 13.
Selected Research Grants
- 2023– Expert, Merlin, H2020 Research and innovation action
- 2020– Principal Investigator, FK OTKA, National Research, Development and Innovation Fund of Hungary at the Department of Physical Geography of Eötvös Lóránd University
- 2020–2021 Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions individual fellowship, Aarhus University
- 2018–2022 Postdoctoral researcher of the National Research, Development and Innovation Fund of Hungary at the Department of Physical Geography of Eötvös Lóránd University
- 2018–2020 Expert of the Centre for Ecological Research of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA ÖK) in Hungarian Mapping and Assessment of Ecosystem Service – Strategic investigations on the long-term preservation and development of natural heritage of community importance and on the implementation of the EU Biodiversity Strategy 2020 objective
- 2017– Member, 2ka Paleoclimatology Research Group of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- 2015–2017 European land use coordinator of the PAGES LandCover6K project
- 2014–2016 Mediator of Deep Forest Ltd – MTA ÖK consortium among academic and industrial partners in the LEGO habitat rehabilitation project (the first habitat restoration project that took place in the field of a working giant factory in Nyíregyháza, Hungary)
- 2013–2014 Research fellowship for doctoral candidates in the National Excellence Program co-financed by the European Social Fund and the State of Hungary (excellent qualification)
- 2012 Member, Communication and Knowledge Transfer in Medieval Monastic Networks (International Research Programme led by Central European University
- 2011 Expert of National Office of Cultural Heritage (KÖH) in TÉKA Landscape Valuation and Characterisation International Research Programme (Norway Grant)